Ubiquiti hack may have been an inside job, federal charges suggest

2 Likes

If you’d rather watch a video about it all :joy:

1 Like

Nobody has ever wanted that

3 Likes

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Depends on the scenario for me. Too many unscripted ramblers. It’s just easier and quicker to affix Reddit to my search query and get a 20 second long paragraph explaining everything that would have taken most videos 10 minutes and 2 seconds to do.

Other things can be easier to follow in a video though.

1 Like

I agree!

Sometimes a video format is helpful when you don’t personally know very much about the background of something.

1 Like

Nine times out of ten, I’ll kick a video like that off whilst working and listen to it in the background

2 Likes

That’s what podcasts are for!

Speaking of which, I stumbled across a neat little safari extension recently that replaces the dreadful YouTube player with a native iOS one. Kills ads without needing an ad blocker, supports native features like pip and, there’s an option to just play the audio so you can listen in the background whilst you’re doing something else. Making it very much like a listening to a podcast!

It’s my new favourite extension.

2 Likes

That looks great!

I do remember YouTube5, and slightly later YouTube’s own beta opt-in webpage which set a cookie to default to the HTML5 player.

I remember being amazed how much better their performance of the HTML5 player was, too. It really showed what a resource-hog Flash was.

1 Like