Huawei announces first devices with HarmonyOS — set to take on Apple and

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

1 Like

perhaps an interesting competitor if you’re on Android but I won’t be changing my iPhone any time soon

3 Likes

even as android user I would never ever use harmony os.

1 Like

So far from what I can tell, the loss of Google services isn’t going well for Huawei. I have an Amazon tablet I haven’t gotten around to sideloading Google services onto yet and the amount of apps that complain when loaded without it or simply won’t work because of it is quite large to be fair.

Another major hurdle is Huawei Pay; which as far as I can tell is supported so far by no British bank. I wouldn’t touch one of these devices right now as simply too many features are missing and apps unsupported.

3 Likes

Actually a good point, but I guess if GPS integrate it… then that’ll be a few (inc starling).

1 Like

I honestly assumed they would make a looooong play. Much like other Chinese brands such as Haier. They also have the opportunity to position themselves as the antithesis of Google and provide a phone that’s Google free

Harmony OS is based on Android I believe. Regardless, Huawei are rolling it out to chinese devices which never had Google Services to start with.